Do you have a budding scientist in your family? Celebrating Mums are sharing some Christmas gift ideas that are both educational and fun.
1. Membership to the Weather Club makes for the perfect present for weather lovers and those after a more interesting gift to give to their friends and loved ones, whilst also raising money for charity. At only £20 a year, membership benefits include a subscription to the quarterly magazine the Weather, which is packed with news and features relating to weather and climate, a free Galileo thermometer worth £15, the first four booklets of the collectable A-Z weather terminology collection, a set of weather postcards, access to exclusive web content and members’ forum on the website and a great range of discounts on weather related products. The Weather Club is a charity organisation run by the Royal Meteorological Society to advance the understanding of weather and climate through education and participation. To purchase a gift membership package or voucher, visit
2. Kitchen Science Kit – rrp £10.99
Encourage kids to learn outside the classroom with this terrific educational kit. Let them experiment in their own time with rockets fuelled by baking soda and a light bulb powered by a fork and tomato. It’s unlikely to be something they’ve tried before!
3. Make Your Own Perfume Laboratory – rrp £15.49
This aromatic kit makes fragrant work of creating perfumes, potpourri and crystals! Create a laboratory at home so she can amaze her friends with weird and wonderful concoctions from sublime slime to her very own fragrances. With tweezers, measuring cup and mixing jar in hand, this may be the start of her scientific career.
4. For your science related gifts Maps Toys have the Be Amazing range. There are so many great ideas including a snowy one so check out the range here.
9. Wild Physics & Cool Chemistry Set – £19.99
Keep visiting Celebrating Mums as next week we will have more present ideas that are science-related plus some tried and tested product reviews.