Grilled spring lamb cutlets with anchovy, olive and caper butter served with buttered courgettes
Rachel’s quote: ‘Making a flavoured butter is such a useful thing to serve with meat. When making a flavoured butter I like to use Kerrygold, as it gives a real creamy flavour to the recipe. It can be made ahead and chilled or even frozen. The capers and especially the anchovies go particularly well with the lamb, the anchovies won’t taste fishy, but instead adds a gorgeous savoury depth to the meat.’
· 2 tbsp olive oil
· 12 lamb cutlets
· Salt and pepper
For the flavoured butter:
· 125g (4 ½ oz) Kerrygold butter, softened
· 1 tbsp parsley, chopped
· 2 anchovies, chopped
· 10 capers, chopped
· 6 black olives, pitted and chopped
· A squeeze of lemon juice
For the buttered courgettes:
· 25g (1oz) Kerrygold butter
· 2 medium courgettes
· Salt and ground black pepper
1. In a bowl, mix together all ingredients for the flavoured butter. Next, lay out a piece of baking parchment or cling film. Spoon the butter mixture on top of the parchment or cling film in to a rough sausage shape, then use the parchment or cling film to roll the butter into a log about 2.5cm (1in) in diameter. Place in the fridge and keep chilled until needed.
2. To cook the cutlets, drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
3. Place a griddle pan or frying pan on a high heat and allow to get quite hot, then add the cutlets and cook for 2–4 minutes on each side depending on how well done you like them. Take them off the heat, and allow to rest for a few minutes as you cook the courgettes.
4. To cook the courgettes, first peel them, then slice in half lengthways and remove and discard the soft inner seeds. Next carefully cut the flesh into 1cm (½in) cubes or slices.
5. To cook, place a frying pan on a high heat. Once hot, add the Kerrygold butter and when the butter has melted tip in the courgette pieces.
6. Sauté for 2–3 minutes until just softened, tossing regularly, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
7. To serve, cut a few slices of your flavoured butter, about 1cm thick, and place a slice on each lamb chop then serve immediately with the buttered courgettes.
For more information on the Kerrygold, delicious recipes and to be in with a chance to have your recipe featured in the Kerrygold Community Cookbook alongside Rachel Allen’s please visit www.facebook.com/KerrygoldUK