Baked Vanilla and Strawberry Cheesecake
The deliciously creamy TRUfree cheesecake is complemented by the sweet taste of the strawberries. Serve alone or with cream and enjoy!
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 45 minutes
Makes 1 x 20cm/ 8” cake and 12 portions
Oven temperature: 170° C /150° Fan Gas mark 3
1 x 200g packet TRUfree Rich Tea or Digestive Biscuits
125g Butter (melted)
300gSoft full fat cream cheese
3 Medium sized eggs
2 tbsp Cornflour
2 tbsp Natural extract of vanilla
1. Grease the sides and base of a 20cm/8inches loose base deep round cake tin.
2. Place TRUfree biscuits into a sturdy freezer bag and bash to a fine crumb with a rolling pin. Combine with the melted butter and spoon into the cake container. Push crumb firmly with the back of a dessert spoon to get a smooth crumb base.
3. Beat filling ingredients together either in a food processor or with a balloon whisk until combined and spoon over the biscuit base.
4. Bake for 45 minutes or until the filling is just set (but with a slight wobble in the centre) but it is not browned on top. Turn off the oven and leave in the oven until the cheesecake is totally cold.
5. Remove from the container and chill until required. Decorate with prepared fruit just before serving. Eat within 5 days.