I have blogged since 2009 and can tell you it can be dangerous. Here are ten ways that blogging can change the status quo.
1. Strangers in cyberspace will contact you and threaten your lack of self-worth building up your confidence levels and making you feel that maybe you are not so odd after all. This is defined as dangerous as it just may mean that you kick ass and change the world in some way.
2. Your partner/husband will probably leave you claiming he is neglected in favour of all things blogging. This is fine really as it will just give you even more time for blogging.
3. You will forget to pick up the children from school (whilst loving taking them to school so you can rush back to the blogosphere). Of course, if you get done for child neglect, it will probably lead to more visitors to your blog.
4. You might start to believe your own publicity in regards to awards, comments, twitter reputation and so on. This can be a real danger so beware and always remember what motivated you to start your blog in the first place.
5. Your house will become squalid as you realise blogging is a whole lot more fun than housework. Not to worry, you can always move house.
6. You may drop your real life friends in favour of all the lovelies in the blogosphere. Better yet, you might see some blogging friends becoming real life ones too.
7. You might start believing that public relations agencies really are interested in how your health is or how your weekend went. Well maybe they are …
8. You may find the postperson really resents all the parcels you receive. The best way to deal with this is to give them the odd free sample.
9. You may find you have more potential than you ever knew. That is OK, great in fact, but also brings responsibility to use that potential.
10. You may find that you forget to eat and drink and fade away never to blog again. Now that is the biggest danger of all and remember that the best way to blog is with a cuppa and a cake at your side.
I would love to hear what other people think the biggest dangers of blogging are. Just leave me a friendly comment.