Sweet Eve Strawberry Oven Baked Risotto with Buttermilk
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 40 minutes
250g of Sweet Eve strawberries
1 litre of buttermilk (or plain milk with the juice of 1 lemon mixed in)
100g soft brown unrefined cane sugar
Zest of 1 unwaxed lemon
200g Riso Gallo Arborio or Carnaroli Risotto Rice
1 cinnamon stick
250ml fresh cream, for serving
Unsalted butter for the roasting tin
· Pre-heat the oven to 180°C. Butter a small roasting tin, or small apple crumble Pyrex dish.
· Hull the strawberries and cut them into small pieces. Place them in a small bowl and set aside.
· Combine the buttermilk, the sugar and the lemon zest in a bowl and mix well.
· Scatter the Riso Gallo Risotto Rice and strawberry pieces evenly across the buttered roasting tray. Break the cinnamon stick in two pieces and place them, set apart, in the tin. Pour the milky liquid evenly throughout the roasting tin.
· Bake the risotto in the pre-heated oven for around 30 minutes, or until the rice grains are very soft, and the top of the risotto is crisp and browned. You may need to cover the top of the rice pudding with aluminium foil to stop it from darkening too much.
· When ready, remove the roasting tin from the oven and set the rice pudding aside for 5 minutes to cool slightly, before serving with double cream.