Turkey Cottage Pie
Serves 4 people
Nutritional information per portion (calculated using raw meat):
Calories Fat Saturates Sodium Salt
With turkey thigh mince 744 34 14 0.9 2.3
With beef mince 865 49 21 0.9 2.3
45ml Vegetable oil
1 Onion, chopped
1 Celery, chopped
1 Carrot, finely chopped
700g Turkey mince
400g can Chopped tomatoes
15ml Dried mixed herbs
1 Chicken stock cube
1kg Potatoes, peeled and cut into pieces
100g Cheddar cheese grated
Savoy cabbage, carrots
1. Heat the vegetable oil in a large pan, add the onion, celery and carrot. Stir and soften for 3-4 minutes.
2. Add the turkey and brown evenly.
3. Add the chopped tomatoes, HP sauce, mustard and mixed herbs.
4. Crumble in the stock cube, add 300ml of water, stir to a simmer and cook for 25 minutes.
5. Boil potatoes in salted water for 20 minutes, drain and mash with butter and milk.
6. Turn the turkey mince into an ovenproof dish, topped with mash, scatter with cheese and bake in a preheated oven 200 degrees C, 400 degrees F or Gas Mark 6 for 25 minutes or until golden.
7. Serve with Savoy cabbage and carrots.
Please scroll down for further information on the Change Your Meat Not Your Menu Campaign.